Company Background and History
WIPOTEC Weighing Technology is part of the WIPOTEC Group, Germany. WIPOTEC was founded in 1988. Today over 800 employees work at its sole production plant in Kaiserslautern (10 miles east of Ramstein and 75 miles southwest of Frankfurt). The plant covers about 315,000 sq. ft. of production area and office space. Additional 300 employees work in international subsidiaries (sales & service focus).
Worldwide revenue is in excess of US $180 Million.
WIPOTEC Weigh Cells are based on the working principle of Electro-Magnetic-Force-Restoration (EMFR) where the load is direct and actively compensated. WIPOTEC is the leading company in the field of ultra-precise and fast dynamic weighing. The company is driven by technology and has a passion for providing state of the art solutions.
WIPOTEC has its own mechanical and electronic engineering department. Part of the success is the fact that over 150 staff members are working in R&D. In terms of production philosophy, the company believes in vertical integration and the manufacturing area is designed accordingly. Starting with numerous numeric controlled milling machines it manufactures its own printed circuit boards, builds its own Weigh Cells and assembles the Checkweighers and Inspection Systems under a single roof. The level of independence from outside sources is part of the company’s success and provides a high degree of flexibility allowing WIPOTEC to be the leader in dynamic weighing technology. The equipment can cover the most challenging of applications such as the multi-lane tare-gross weighing of capsules, just to mention one.
WIPOTEC Weighing Technology is a direct office of WIPOTEC GmbH and work closely with our subsidiary, WIPOTEC-OCS. The USA location for WIPOTEC W Technology was started in 2008. We handle the OEM market for the weigh cells and weigh kits, (integrating dynamic checkweighing). Leader in the Pharmaceutical Market for filling applications and high speed weighing applications
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Direct technical sales to OEM clients in such a way that it meets budgeted goals and stated objectives.
- Lead generation and lead follow-up, establish networking relationship with clients and partners in order to maximize sales opportunities.
- Reporting of sales and competitor activities in our market.
- Support and define marketing activities such as exhibitions and industry related conferences in order to create a brand recognition, in line with the corporate identity and design guidelines.
- Manage all aspects of OEM sales within agreed guidelines and existing corporate policies.
- Conduct/host factory or onsite system demonstrations and provide convincing presentations to new and existing customers.
- Identify new business opportunities and provide proposals on how to develop them.
- Lead client discussions and meetings to explain how WIPOTEC equipment can provide optimal solutions for their needs.
- Continuously provide management with information on the competition and about their approach to the market place.
- Openly and constructively, exchange and communicate with the management about the needs of the US market.
- Other duties as needed.
Qualification for the Job
- 10 years or more in selling complex capital goods.
- Cultural sophistication to successfully communicate with the Management of WIPOTEC in Germany.
- Knowledge of the pharma and food packaging and process industry.
- Proven record of strong revenue growth and improvement of operating margins.
- Success in relationship building with OEM’s.
- Willingness to travel in approx. fifty percent of the time.
- BS or equivalent technical experience Engineering, Science or Physics. Required Skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with all associates at Wipotec.
- A strong teambuilding skill in order to ensure that whole team is heading in same direction.
- Analytical, forward thinking and visionary skills that have contributed to measurable success in past.
- Strong sales, creative marketing skills, and the ability to strengthen existing and to build new and lasting relationships with customers.
- Good judgment, common sense and problem solving skills.
Compensation for this position is commensurate with experience including base salary and bonus opportunity
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- PTO (vacation and sick days)
We are looking forward to receiving your resume and cover letter. Please submit directly to jack.smith(at)wipotec.com , you can also mail us your resume to:
Wipotec Weighing Technology. | 700 Old Roswell Lakes Parkway, Suite 200 Roswell, GA 30076
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification. Learn your EEO rights as an applicant under the law.