Group Background and History
WIPOTEC WEIGHING TECHNOLOGY is part of the WIPOTEC Group, Germany. WIPOTEC was founded in 1988. Today over 800 employees work at its sole production plant in Kaiserslautern (10 miles east of Ramstein and 75 miles southwest of Frankfurt). The plant covers about 315,000 sq. ft. of production area and office space. Additional 200 employees work in international subsidiaries (sales & service focus).
Worldwide revenue is in excess of US $180 million.
WIPOTEC Weigh Cells are based on the working principle of Electro-Magnetic-Force-Restoration (EMFR) where the load is direct and actively compensated. WIPOTEC is the leading company in the field of ultra-precise and fast dynamic weighing. The company is driven by technology and has a passion for providing state of the art solutions.
WIPOTEC has its own mechanical and electronic engineering department. Part of the success is the fact that over 150 staff members are working in R&D. In terms of production philosophy, the company believes in vertical integration and the manufacturing area is designed accordingly. Starting with numerous numeric controlled milling machines it manufactures its own printed circuit boards, builds its own Weigh Cells and assembles the Checkweighers and Inspection Systems under a single roof. The level of independence from outside sources is part of the company’s success and provides a high degree of flexibility allowing WIPOTEC to be the leader in dynamic weighing technology. The equipment can cover the most challenging of applications such as the multi-lane tare-gross weighing of capsules, just to mention one.
History in the USA
WIPOTEC Weighing Technology is a direct office of WIPOTEC GmbH and work closely with our subsidiary, WIPOTEC-OCS. The USA location for WIPOTEC Weighing Technology was started in 2008.
We handle the OEM market for the weigh cells and weigh kits, (integrating dynamic checkweighing). Leader in the Pharmaceutical Market for filling applications and high speed weighing applications.
- Direct technical sales to OEM’s business in such a way that it meets budgeted goals and stated objectives.
- Lead generation and lead follow-up, establish networking relationship with OEM’s in order to maximize sales opportunities.
- Reporting of sales and competitor activities.
- Support marketing activities such as exhibitions and conferences in order to create a positive corporate image, in line with the corporate identity and design guidelines.
- Manage all aspects of sales within agreed guidelines and existing corporate policies.
- Identify new business opportunities and provide proposals on how to develop them.
- Help clients analyze their needs and provide advice on how WIPOTEC equipment can provide solutions. Involve the parent company when required.
- Continuously provide the local management with information on the competition and about their approach to the market place.
- Openly and constructively exchange and communicate with the local management about the needs of the US market, product development in Germany and other important information mutually beneficial.
North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas and Mexico.
- 5 years or more in selling complex capital goods – weighing or automation sales experience preferred.
- Cultural sophistication to successfully communicate with the Management of WIPOTEC in Germany.
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical and food, packaging or process industry.
- Proven record of strong revenue growth and improvement of operating margins.
- Success in relationship building with OEM’s, Automation and Engineering companies.
- Willingness to travel in approx. sixty (60) percent of the time, including travel to Wipotec in Germany.
- BS or equivalent technical experience Engineering, Science or Physics.
- Solid technical understanding / Technical affinity
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with and relate to all associates at WIPOTEC.
- Analytical, forward thinking and visionary skills that have contributed to measurable success in past positions.
- Strong sales and creative marketing skills and the ability to strengthen existing and to build new and lasting relationships with customers.
- Good judgment, common sense, and problem solving skills. Must be able to be flexible and adapt to changes while planning.
- Solutions-oriented thinker with the ability to manage multiple projects and expectations of external clients and internal team members. Ability to work well under pressure and manage time effectively.
- Strong in Microsoft Office Suite programs: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Compensation for this position is commensurate with experience including base salary, bonus opportunity and a competitive benefits program. We are looking forward to receiving your resume and cover letter. Please submit directly to jack.smith(at)wipotec.com, you can also mail us your resume to: Wipotec Weighing Technology. | 700 Old Roswell Lakes Parkway, Suite 200 Roswell, GA 30076
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification. Learn your EEO rights as an applicant under the law.