- In-House Tech Support that will be researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve system issues of dynamic check weighing and catch weighing, X-ray scanning, metal detectors and serialization (Track & Trace) systems across North America and some international travel areas..
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root cause of an issue.
- Accountability for prioritizing and taking ownership of all reported customer issues.
- Properly escalating unresolved cases to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers).
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until reaching a resolution.
- Ensure all issues are properly documented in the call logging system and completed until resolution.
- Follow up with clients to ensure their systems are fully functional after troubleshooting.
- 24/7 On-Call Tech Support by rotation schedule.
- Additional Assigned tasks as required.
- Onboarding and Training will be provided along with assigned periods of shadowing of a lead tech.
- High School Diploma required.
- Engineering Technology (A.A.S.), Associates of Applied Engineering (A.S.), Bachelor Degree in Engineering (B.Eng.), or Electrical Engineering (B.E.E.) preferred.
- Some college course work or working toward completion of an Engineering or Electrical Engineering degree will also be considered. Additionally, any equivalent industry experience may be considered in lieu of education requirements.
- 3 years within the last 5 years as a field service engineer in electro/mechanical equipment or related equipment with IPC interface such as the packaging industry OR
- Considering new college graduates (or near completion) with a desire to start training as a field service engineer.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize customer calls and to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal.
- Analytical, problem solving skills.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of IPC serial and Ethernet communication, I/O Interface, Ability to read electrical schematics.
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications (TeamViewer)
- Good customer skills and the ability to work under pressure and to keep the situation under control (mentally and technically).
- Must be self-starter, work well without supervision, and accept responsibility.
- Continuously strive to improve product knowledge and understanding of technology.
- Display a professional attitude and a commitment to the organization and to customers.
- German and/or Spanish language skills, beneficial but not mandatory.
- Domestic Travel required for approx. 25% of the time. In addition, some International Travel may be required. You must be willing to have a current passport at all times
Compensation for this position is commensurate with experience. It is a salary plus overtime position. There are bonus opportunities and a competitive benefits program.
We are looking forward to receiving your resume and cover letter. Please submit directly to hr.usa(at)wipotec.com, you can also mail us your resume to: WIPOTEC-OCS | 825 Marathon Parkway, Lawrenceville, GA 30046, Attn: Jeff Trask, Director of Service.