Role and responsibilities
- Installation, integration, start-up and commissioning of dynamic check weighing and catch weighing, X-ray scanning, metal detectors and serialization (Track & Trace) systems across Australia and New Zealand.
- Support preparation and verification of our systems.
- Carry out preventive maintenance, repairs, upgrades and/or modifications of existing machines and systems on customer’s request.
- Work with customer personnel and assume responsibility for continued customer satisfaction and coordinate all activities with the customer.
- Onboarding and Training will be provided along with assigned periods of shadowing of a lead tech.
- PREFERRED EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma required.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in engineering (B.Eng.); or Electrical Engineering (B.E.E.)
- Some college course work or working toward completion of a Mechatronics, Engineering or Electrical Engineering degree will also be considered. Additionally, any equivalent industry experience may be considered in lieu of education requirements.
3 years within the last 5 years as a field service engineer in electro/mechanical equipment or related equipment with IPC interface such as the packaging industry OR Considering new college graduates (or near completion) with a desire to start training as a field service engineer.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical, problem solving skills.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of IPC serial and Ethernet communication, I/O Interface, Ability to read electrical schematics
- Must be able to work in extreme environments and lift heavy objects on some assignments.
- Good customer skills and the ability to work under pressure are required
- Must be self-starter, work well without supervision, and accept responsibility
- Ability to work under pressure and to keep the situation under control (mentally and technically)
- Continuously strive to improve product knowledge and understanding of technology
- Display a professional attitude and a commitment to the organization and to customers
- Home office location needs to be within a 50 Kilometer radius of a major metropolitan area and airport.
- Travel requirements approx. 80% of the time. Domestic and International Must have a current passport at all times.
- Flexibility to be available for On-Call duty to be dispatched to customer as need
Compensation / Benefits
- Competitive Salary. Compensation is based on Salary plus Overtime (in-house/travel – regular/overtime).
- Competitive benefits program
- Potential for Yearly Bonus
We are looking forward to receiving your resume and cover letter. Please submit directly to colin.seddon(at)wipotec.com
Wipotec Australia Pty Ltd
1/46 Aylesbury Drive
Altona VIC 3018